Friday, April 20, 2007

Update on Kirill




I will log in with Mother's ID and give you an update on Kirill. He called a few days ago and said that he had been told where he would go after "A" school. I think I have this correct...




He has been told that he will be stationed at Naval Air Station Lemoore in California. He will be assigned to Strike Fighter Wing Pacific VFA-113 the "Stingers" assigned to the USS Ronald Reagan. He will be working on F/A-18C Hornets. The "Stingers" make regular six-month deployments to the Western Pacific, Indian Ocean, and Arabian Gulf. Between deployments VFA-113 is either training at home in Lemoore or on training detachments to various bases including NAS Fallon, Nevada. The USS Ronald Reagan is scheduled for sea duty in 2008.
He should be able to come home for a visit after finishing "A" school around May 18, 2007.




2 comments:

Queenie said...

Hugh Baby, be sure to explain to
Natali that those Stingers are kind
of like those Green Jackets. They
look more like a Yellow Jacket but you can't call Kirills grout a
Yellow Jacket because there is already a Yellow Jacket. I can't believe I said that.
I am sure Kirill was thrilled being assigned to the Ronald Ragan
I can hardly wait to see him. Wish
Yegor could be at same time.

Family said...

Good news! I will be sure to come to Murfreesboro while Kirill is on leave. Maybe we can have a Bar-B-Q!

Aunt Merry