Wednesday, April 16, 2008

OUR DASH ! Number 1
























Actually, Leonard and I did not know

each other when we were little. I just

became so good with my computer

(with a little help from grandson) that

I took him out of a picture with his two

brothers and put him right in that

little red wagon where Dot had been.

Our parents knew each other and his parents

were always held in highest esteem by

my parents. Leonard came from a

wonderful home, for which I continue

to thank God. I loved his parents just as I

did my own. I visited in their home

on most date nights, because his father

operated a dairy barn and he had to

help there at night. He would rush in,

change his clothes, go to the barn

with his father, and do his chores. Then he

would rush back to the house, shower, dress, then

off we would go on our date. He did his

thing, then we had to do mine. It was

off to the evening worship service.

How I thank God for these four won-

derful people who gave us life, tended us during

formative years, then supported

us in our marriage...Well, it lasted

60 1/2 years!

This picture made in Auburn, Ky at

my grandmother's, just five weeks

before we married.

What a wonderful, handsome man I

married. The one that God had

selected for me long before we, the

little three and five year old children in the wagon,

were even born.
His dash was completed 12/8/05.

4 comments:

Family said...

Nana, I appreciate your recognition of your wonderful parents and parents-in-law. That is what Merry and I strive to be, too. You are a terrific Mother-in-law. I appreciate all that you and Pop have done for us and the great role-model you are for the entire family. Love, Terrence.

Family said...

I appreciate the wonderful parental support that you and Dad always gave me. You learned your lessons well. I will do my best to pass it on.

Keep blogging!

Merry

juju said...

I love Dad's dash! So very full with caring, love and making memories of all kinds. I am so thankful that your Dash, Mom, is still being filled with love and memories. I can still smell those milk barns. I love hearing about Dad working on the farm. Oh, how I know how much he loved that. I'm so glad he could show us how much fun that can be.

Queenie said...

You make me cry!
God bless all,
Nana