Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Birthdays Not Forgotten

Looking through the window of time, I still see that beautiful face, a loving husband and father that made my life precious. May 4th, I will celebrate the day he was born and the part of his life that was given to me.
I thank him every night for his love. It couldn't
have been more or sweeter. I had the best of
the best.

Likewise, on May 2nd, my first daughter was born, leading the
way for our stair steps of children that came, almost yearly, after her. She was 56 in this picture, can we believe she would be 62.
She loved her family and tried to make everything perfect for
them. She was especially convinced that she could make a
perfect life for three little boys she adopted. She gave them all
the love she had. It is our prayer that some day they will have
the life she wanted for them. I love you darling, Betty.

Smile with me as we reflect on the memory of Birthdays gone by...for the gift was truly ours.




3 comments:

juju said...

Nana-
This is a beautiful posting. I miss them both so very much, but I know they are celabrating together in heaven. Maybe Saturday we can dedicate our lunch in memory of Popa and Aunt Betty.
I love you!
Abby

Leigh said...

I remember when Mom turned 40. (legally that is, according to her she was still 38 - and remained that age until we pointed it out to her at her 50th birthday) I would have loved to poke fun at her when she turned 60... then giggle each year after that. This year I reach my never ending 38th birthday. I am planning on carrying Mom's tradition and staying 38 for at least the next 12 years. She got away with it, I am sure I can too.

Happy Birthday to both Pop and Mom. The Heaven's couldn't ask for a better duo to celebrate with.

juju said...

Moma, Thinking about Betty, alot today. She was something else and a wonderful sister. I know she has 50 crowns for taking all those children when no one else would. Get on Itunes and hear the song, Faces by Greater Vision. Surely, as she labored with those babies, God used that time for Him to find just the right Christian home for them to be placed. I bet she has her reward for loving those children when there was no one YET to love them.. See you tomorrow, I love you, Judy