Wednesday, June 25, 2008

More sweet birthdays in June...

June has been a busy month of birthdays in our family, too many to number! But, special mention, here at the end of the month, is Daddy's little sister, our 92 year old Aunt Lillie. She is now living in a nursing home in Austell, Ga (Brian Center Nursing Care, 2130 Anderson Mill Road, 30106, if you want to send her a card). Kenneth sends her many cards and packages to help keep her in touch with the distant family. Merry visits every few weeks and says that, although a bit sad, she still has her infectious laugh (for those of you who remember it) and is a joy to be around. So Happy Birthday Aunt Lillie! Today I will WAP (whisper a prayer) in thanksgiving for your life.
Always smiling, Aunt Lillie in her younger days (forward left) at wedding of Mike and Rochelle. Also seen, mother (Macon Floyd), William Dorris, me, probably Dad behind me and Judy.

You thought I forgot you...didn't you Abby? NEVER! How could I forget our baby girl? Abby's birthday is the same day as Aunt Lillie, 6/29.
Happy Birthday, Darling. You grow more beautiful with each year.


3 comments:

juju said...

Aunt Lillie sure looks great and my daughter is beautiful, even without make up. She is the best and can accomplish any goal she puts in front of her. Happy Birthday, my little Abby!

Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBA GOOSE! (Uncle Terrence told me to say that.) I love you,

Aunt Merry

P.S. I'll see Aunt Lillie on or before her birthday and make a birthday photo.

Queenie said...

The longer I studied the picture
of Aunt Lillie in her younger
days, the more I believe that is
Ken Willard behind me.
He is followed by William who was
just a little younger.
GP