Monday, July 13, 2009

64 years with LOP 2005


While Dad has gone to "Rest High Upon that Mountain"
I am being looked after by our children.
And waiting for the day we are reunited.


On July 15th 1945 Leonard and I took our walk down the
aisle to become one. We honored this commitment
for the next sixty and a half years when he
left me for the first time and
made his final journey into the presence of his Lord.
The above picture was made a month
and half before our wedding, We were visiting my
Grandmother in Auburn Ky. shortly after WW II .

About 25 years later at a
rehearsal dinner I sat up
on the back porch.




Fifty year anniversary.




After 59 years of our sweet marriage,

2005

It was a great life until the last moment.

1945 ~ 2005



7 comments:

fweakijam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fweakijam said...

I am a lucky daughter to have witnessed such devoted parents. Thank you for sharing so many of your memories, for now they are mine too! As long as we live, this anniversary day will be a good day to reflect.

I love you,

Merry

Queenie said...

A treasure to your children for the long and beautiful life you and Dad had. The hat picture is my favorite and speaks loud and clear of all those precious memories. Thank you, Mom for the love that still keeps Dad so near to us.

Leigh said...

Tonight while waiting on a family at the store, I looked at the 86 year old regal gentleman sitting at the table. He noticed me looking at him and asked if something was wrong. I explained to him that his features and the way he held himself reminded me so much of my grandfather. He smiled. Then he stood up. Then he hugged me in this wonderful bear hug and told me that my grandfather would have wanted to do that if he had been there.
I can't explain how much that touched me.
I am grateful for my grandparents and the memories they have given to me. Both are the most wonderful grandparents anyone could have.
Thank you.

Queenie said...

Leigh, what a touching experience at such
an opportune time. I know you are busy, these days,driving mostly,
but call and lets talk a few minues when you have time.
I love you sweetheart.
Nana

Family said...

Dearest Nana, our thoughts are with you on this special day of rememberance of your long and lasting marriage to Leonard. You and Pop are a shining example of what we all wish we could enjoy. God bless you and your wonderful marriage. Love, Terrence.

Queenie said...

Dear Gwen,

I haven't read your blog today, but I would imagine that it features two very beautiful people who loved each other since they were very young. You and Leonard have made such a wonderful couple, and I want to remember you on this Anniversary.

I will always remember Leonard's handsome face and frame, and beautiful smile; the laughter that was always going on when you two were around; and the love and joy of family and friends.

I celebrate your love and marriage, and the two of you.
Love,
Rochelle