Sunday, May 31, 2009

Abundant Life with the class of "HOPE"



Grace for our feast

We gather around this feasting table,
Humbled by our bounty,
Lord of abundant life:

We have so much more than we need.
We confess that we are poised,
Fork in hand, ready to overdo.

Help us to learn better how to live as
Grateful, if overstuffed, children --
Delighted, surprised and generous

With the sharing of our good fortune.
Bless us now as we enjoy it amidst
Food - Friends - Family

We give you the heartiest
Thanks for your diligent
Steadfast care.

Love from Patton Place
Gwen

The 28th of May brought my Sunday School class to Church Street for lunch and our monthly meeting. How good and pleasant it is when this circle of ladies gather to greet each other with beautiful morning faces. Sometimes we arise grumpy, sometimes smiling, sometimes behind in our duties, but our goal is to always be prepared to please our Heavenly Father. Such were these ladies on Thursday and joyfully, in their midst, I experienced a little of Heaven on earth. Did we discuss everything? If not, we will pick up where we left off on the 4th Thursday of June. Thanks to all who were able to attend.

Thanks to daughters Merry and Judy, and also to sister-in-law Geraldine, for helping so I could better enjoy my guests.

As always I was inspired by the blessings of a lifetime.

It was a hopping good time.

gp



(P.S. Tiny ceramic frogs were my choice of favors!)

3 comments:

juju said...

Mom what a great party planner you are. I know everyone felt like they were dining in a fine restaurant with such wonderful food and experience maids you had. I wonder if I could use them at my next party?

Family said...

What a pleasure to serve you and your precious friends in Christ and to do it with my Aunt Geraldine made it even more delightful. The added three days spent with you and visits with Aunt Geraldine, Judy, Louis, Hugh, Natalie, and Nancy were pretty special too!

I'll be back as soon as I can.

Merry

Family said...

why wasn't I invited to be part of the maid service? I could have done a mean dish washing.......kim