Monday, October 27, 2008

In Memory of Betty

5/2/1946 - 10/30/2002


Different is Lovely
We all want to "belong" and go to great lengths to fit in,
Sometimes we forget that we are like snowflakes,
no two, thank God, alike. Each snowflake
and child of mine, is the same in essence but different
in form.

God blessed me with this unique, one-of-a-kind daughter.
She was not created more special than another but
God does make each snowflake different from the other.
She marched to the tune of her own drum.




The memories only get sweeter. Happy Birthday to all of us who loved her.

And especially her sweet daughter-in-law, Anna, one she loved,
we say Happy Birthday today!



~Good night Little Drummer~

6 comments:

Queenie said...

I do not get lonely - -
But I do get lonesome - -
Lonesome - - For You- - -
O am not lonely - - But at this moment I'm lonesome- - -
Oh, so lonesome - - For you- -
I wish - -I wish- -Oh how I wish
That you knew

juju said...

Unique she was! Always willing to help fix a problem or talk it over with a cup of coffee. My sister, my friend and my neighbor for many years. I miss her more each year that passes and Christmas season was her favorite time. Now she celebrates with the real deal!!! Happy Birthday, Anna!!

Queenie said...

Beautifully said, ladies. Betty is part of us, the little off beat of delightful. My only regret is that I didn't take more time to learn her whole song...Here lies the lesson.

Happy Birthday, Anna! At Christmas, I'd like to spend some time hearing about what you've been up to! :)

Merry

Family said...

Oop! Sorry, I was logged into Queentalks instead of familychatterbox!

The above is a comment by MERRY, DAUGHTER OF THE QUEEN AND SISTER OF JULU.

Am I bad.

juju said...

Nana-
This is such a great blog.....
You said just the right thing. My Aunt Betty was one of a kind and I think of her often. Love you-
Abby

Ms. Paulette said...

She was one of a kind, and will always be missed and hold a special place in our hearts. Betty seemed like a sister to me growing up, as did Merry and Judy. I will always remember Elizabeth Taylor, Betty Grable, Esther Williams, and Doris Day, and the fun they had together. She will always live in Leigh, just look at those pictures. Paulette