Sunday, February 17, 2008

WE ALWAYS LET MIKEY DO IT!

Gwen Frances, Dorothy Dean, Mary Susan and Mikey
I love the sound of bells. The church bell reverberated throughout our little town with
urgency. It is energy, it is enthusiasm. it is noise! OH! I have just described ONE of my
favorite nephews. I have just described my nephew that, needless to say
loves me. Last September he took me, along with my sister, and his wife on a great
excursion of the old town of Charlotte, stacking us away at a National Historic Landmark,
Middleton Place just out of Charlotte. He and his wife saw to it that we saw all the lovely
landmarks, especially dolphins, and great food. Just last week he came to the Boro and
picked me up and took me to the Gaither Concert in Nashville. Just September, 2006
they took me along with them to historic Savannah. He always knows the right places
to eat, including Paula Deens. I am pictured here with my sister on that trip in 2007,
at the age of 80 and 81 Also pictured with her in a red
Wagon in 1929 at two and three. My phone rang today and when I answered, you won't
believe, my favorite baseball player Javy Lopez was on the phone. My nephew stood
in line waiting to dial me at just the right moment. I talked to Javy.
Anyone can put on a coat of paint to cover up the weathered passing of years, but
this one needs no paint. He is who he is, thank God for the Gift.














2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Family said...

Special folks, you're right about that! I love that you get so much pleasure from them and them from you. That is what family is all about. I know Mike made your day with that call from Lopez...I wish I could have seen your face when that call came through.

Good blogging!

Merry