Friday, January 20, 2012

The Albino Peacock


                               
This morning, I received a beautiful email forward from my special friend, Mel, titled "Must have made God Smile".  It showed pictures of rare and beautifully colored birds. The only one I had seen before was the peacock. (Note the albino peacock above Kate's head.)


Several years ago my daughter and her then husband bought a beautiful farm and the acreage was full of the fancy birds. We counted as many as 50 to 70 one day as the children were feeding them.  The forward this morning made me think of these two little girls on the farm that day, feeding peacocks as their grandfather prepared breakfast on an old iron stove that we cooked on up at the outdoor kitchen. 


I am now thinking about Christmas 2012, about 22 years later, as Kate, 27, (on left) after graduating from NYU, prepares to leave for South Korea to teach English, and Abby, 29, entering her final semester getting her Masters at MTSU, and teaching 2nd grade at a Rutherford County School. Our best love and wishes for wonderful lives to
these granddaughters.



You haven't had the best of eggs ever unless you've sat at Papa's table.  Maybe Terrence came close but I think he has forgotten how or is it that I just haven't been in his kitchen in a very long time.  Oh, so many memories run through this old brain of mine...and some of them take place in a kitchen surrounded by peacocks and lovely granddaughters...and their Papa.


 
 

2 comments:

juju said...

Does this ever bring back a flood of memories--Thank you, Momma for always remembering the best of times and keeping them so close to our hearts. You, Dad and I were such a good team together. We made some beautiful memories.

juju said...

Love this blog Nana. I was just standing by that pond last Sunday. Love you!