Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I AM SO PROUD OF THIS FATHER I GAVE MY CHILDREN !


Dear God, I prayed, all unafraid
{as we're inclined to do}
I do not need a handsome man
but let him be like You;
I do not need one big and strong
nor yet so very tall,
nor need he be some genius,
or wealthy, Lord, at all;
But let his head be high, dear God,
and let his eye be clear,
his shoulders straight, whate'er his state,
whate're his earthly sphere;
and let his face have character,
a ruggedness of soul,
and let his whole life show, dear God,
a singleness of goal;
then when he comes
{as he will come}
with quiet eyes aglow,
I'll understand that he's the man
I prayed for long ago.
                                RBG

 I was reading a book of poems that Leonard gave
 to me a few years before he got sick, written by
Ruth Bell Graham,
We read all the poems together and marked a few
things that we liked, and I realized that as this poem
              says, I knew he was the man God had picked for me long
before I knew the the man.

In the front of this book, Leonard wrote, which I just adore
finding things he wrote,
To Gwendolyn

 From Leonard
Dear Gwen,
My love has long been
yours - - - -
Since on that day
when we first met.
Forever yours,
Leonard

Happy Fathers Day, my Beloved

3 comments:

juju said...

Each picture and each daily thought of my Dad brings a flood of memories. I'll, forever, celebrate my Father!

juju said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fweakijam said...

I am so proud to be my Daddy's daughter...I trust he knows that.

Merry