Monday, May 24, 2010

SOME DAYS YOU JUST NEED YOUR MOTHER


I had a need for someone to love me
To teach me of life, and Heaven above me.
Someone to comfort, encourage, protect me
To laugh with and tease me and gently direct me.

Now that she's gone and I'm turning gray too
All the more evident is my need for you
You were always there to share in my joy
Whether with my girls, or my little boy
And you were there too when my eyes filled with tears
Showing your great wisdom and calming my fears.

I thank you today for your tender touch
For your prayers and your love that meant so much
For in this big world there will never be another
Who magnifies Jesus to me more than my Dear Mother

2 comments:

juju said...

Grandmother was truly a praying Mom. I miss her still!

fweakijam said...

She gave all those qualities to you and I am grateful. I wish I had her touch but I know I have her heart for my child that was passed down through you. Thank you for always listening and being my sounding board. You are always the first I wanted to tell about everything, so I understand your longing.

With all my love,

Merry