Monday, April 5, 2010

Wind beneath my wings.











I know that my children were hand selected by
God, and I praise him every day for each of them.
What a wonderful day I had with them and
their families yesterday.
Leonard and I always thought they were
the wind beneath our wings,
he would be delighted that they are still
just that for me. I wish I could picture
each one here, but I can't, but I am
picturing my Head Chef.
Ken and his family went to the first
of five services at their church,
at seven thirty o'clock,
They were here early and what
a help they were. Ken took care
of all lifting and cooking over the
stove. Anna took care of deviled eggs.
Casey took care of the egg hunt.
All 28 never stopped until the
last plate was washed and put away
in the proper place.
Every table and chair was back in the
basement.
For this I am grateful.
Did not stop with my children but
their children also.
LETS DO IT AGAIN !

3 comments:

juju said...

It surly was a great day and Mom, you were at your best! Spring has put a bounce in your step and your Easter lunch was delicious. It was great to be home.

Family said...

Spring nothing, the bounce in her step is because the Braves are back on television! You can't fool me! ;)

Seriously, I miss being with your wonderful Tennessee family about as much as I adore being with mine here in Georgia. I can only hope that I am passing on the glorious celebration of Easter with the same heartfelt meaning that I was raised with. That will live in me forever! I can feel the hugs, smell the food and hear the laughter. And with you at the top of your game; it must have been a great day!

My love to all,

Merry

Queenie said...

Braves had nothing to do with
Easter Sunday.That was a great celebration of the Greatest day
in history.
Today was a horse of a different
color.
The Braves beat CHICAGO 16-5.
Our new little rookie, actually he
is big and beautiful, hit a home
run in his first at bat in minor
league. Only 20 years old, I have
read much about him, a beautiful
Christian. Go Jason Hayward