Sunday, March 28, 2010

Farewell to Uncle Jim

Gwen, Ken, Aunt Lillie, Uncle Jim and Polly

Last week on Tuesday night my siblings and I lost our
last Uncle on both my mothers or dad's side of
the family.
His lovely sister had passed away late last year. They
were my fathers sister and brother.
The above picture was when Aunt Lillie celebrated
her 90th birthday.
She was in Nursing home in Merietta. and Merry
who lives in Atlanta went out and got her and
brought her to her home in Atlanta.
My brother, Ken, sister, Polly and Uncle Jim drove
down for her birthday.
I believe we did this three times last year and
I treasure those days with Uncle Jim.
He was not sick, just had pain in chest after
he lay down for the night.
We ask that God will wrap his arms around
his wife and son and daughter during the
difficult days ahead.
He was a devoted family man.
We were told that he took Aunt Mary Ann
flowers every week.
He will be missed.



2 comments:

juju said...

Our thoughts are with Mary Ann, Linda and Bill. I know he will be missed.

fweakijam said...

Through Aunt Lillie I felt lucky to better know Uncle Jim. I was one of the reasons that I am proud to be part Floyd.

My sincere condolences to all those who loved him.

Merry