Thursday, February 4, 2010

AN EXTRAORDINARY VISIT



Posted by Picasa
A lovely grandaughter that I seldom see, except for holidays,
came to visit today. We enjoyed our chat and an hour
or so just visiting. because of weather conditions
she made a stop at the grocery for me, and brought goodies.
She is seen above as a lovely
baby held by her big brother, with Pop standing
by to catch if necessary, you see that beautiful hand!
Second picture was on her wedding day. Such a beautiful
day, with the blending of two families.
The third picture is at my 80th birthday party,
given by daughter Merry for our double birthdays.
Her 60th, my 80th.
At her table she is seen with her sister in law Anna,
her cousin Becca, and my next door neighbor
in Cookeville many years ago, 50 to be exact.
My wonderful neighbor Katheine and her lovely
daughter came to my party after all these years.
Our 52 year friendship continues as we grow
older by e-mail. We still talk everyday,
just not in the back yard at her picnic table.

3 comments:

fweakijam said...

i'm glad you had such a nice visit with Leigh. Family is so very special. :)

Merry

juju said...

I wish I had lots of grandchildren to come visit me when I am 82. It looks like, Kyle and Gaege will have to pick up the slack. We love you, Leigh

Leigh said...

I have already decided that the next time I come I will bring goodies and my own mouse trap. Nana has learned that she either has to nail them down or cage the traps in dwrs in order to empty them when they have critters in them! I enjoyed the visit myself. Its nice to be able to sit and chitchat. That doesn't come to often for me so when I'm able to do it I grab the moment by the horns!