Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Friend and Helper, LILLY






About thirthsomething years ago I said "How about some
help around this house, Lord. I need your help to make
homemaking a shared endeavor rather than a "Mom's
Motel". That evening at the dinner- discussion table and in the kitchen afterward with the new cleanup crew, Leonard
and Me, he allows that he knew just who I needed. He took
me to see "Lilly". We knew immediately we were meant to
be together, side by side at least two days a week. After
my friend, Waltyne, became in a worse shape than I, I offered to let Lilly go to her house on one of my days.. This was only after she promise not to love her more than she did me. She and I are almost the same age, and I beg her every
day to hold on as long as I do. The only difference in Lilly
and I is that you have to pay her to stay at home and you
have to pay me to go anywhere.
During all these years around the Patton home, Lilly taught
grandaughter Abby the blessings of home cleaning and at the
age of 19 Abby formed her own housecleaning business called
"Maid for You Cleaning". Abby cleans about 20 homes each
week including three or four Kindergartens. She has done
this through college.
We love to shop together, to go somewhere and eat together,
and we love to share our children with each other. We start
every Wednesday with breakfast and prayer.
We are having old ham in the morning, Lilly.
God bless you ...........and me!
















1 comment:

juju said...

Everybody needs a Lilly. I Know she is a blessing. You have been through alot together. We love you, Lilly