Monday, November 26, 2007

Another Family Tradition

Each year (for the last six or seven) on the day after Thanksgiving, the Regas and Sabonis-Chafee families (my Atlanta grandchildren and great-grandchildren) travel to Murfreesboro to perform a TEN FOOT miracle...They haul my beautiful Christmas tree and box after box of carefully selected tree ornaments up from the basement and joyfully turn them into a work of art. This is their part of Thanksgiving that adds generously to my thankful blessings.

This is indeed a great tradition, starting with the first tree that Leonard and I brought home as a married couple. It always took top priority in our Christmas preparations, and barring none, our tree was always the loveliest ever! Every ornament has a memory, every memory is a gift and every time that tree goes up I see Christmas past and rejoice in the one about to take place.

For every year the Christmas tree,
Brings to us all both joy and glee.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
Much pleasure doth thou bring me!


2 comments:

Queenie said...

Did I say all those things about my grands?------and meant every
word of it.
What a great 24 hours we had. From
getting the under side of the tree
perfectly decorated to Issy and I
sleeping in my new bed together,
it was wonderful and funfilled.
They took me to the Macaroni Grill
for delicious fare.

Family said...

These memories our so sweet in our minds! Each year, the kids learn more and more what it's like to be a family and serve one another in love. Thank you, Nana, for this very special tradition. God bless your season--rejoicing in our Saviors birth.
We love you. S-C's