Thursday, December 8, 2011

Remembering



1924 ~ 2005
It was so very good of God to let my dreams come true,
To note a young girl's cherished hopes,
Then lead her right to you.

Our love has long belonged to each other
Since that day we first met, in Study Hall.
I will never quite forget how you just paused,
And smiled a bit, then calmly helped yourself to it.
So sure of yourself, gently pushed me over
and took half of the seat, just waiting
for Miss Amy to move you along.

I'm so glad she let you linger there with me
that day and even for the next sixty-three years"


3 comments:

pie rox said...

I felt so loved when this someone wanted to be with me, take the risks of letting me know him, taking the time to get to know me and my family, and always doing what is in my best interest.
To be loved is one of the strongest
of all desires, just as the desire for water, air and food.
What a gift, the love Leonard gave to me and honored that love for
sixty three years.
I will always love you!

juju said...

Louis and I laid in bed early this morning remembering this being the day his Dad, Nesbit Bernard Spencer Gutting, was born and my Dad, Leonard Owen Patton, went to be with Jesus. So many precious memories and yes, so many times I have wanted him here to share and put his touch on the things in my life. I thank God for my father!

fweakijam said...

I am so glad Daddy left you with such sweet, sweet memories. That is the way we should leave this our time together. Lord, help me follow his example.

Amen,

Merry