Thursday, November 25, 2010

Part of my beautiful family that graced my table on Thanksgiving 2010


Hugh and Natali's family


Judy and Louis' family

Thanksgiving, a popular holiday, when families come together

and acknowledge our blessings and gifts. I am my happiest

when my children are here, around my table sharing.

Today was no exception, we were grateful for family,

health and espectially thankful for those who serve to

protect our families, our holidays.

My children are not perfect, but pretty near. They have

made good choices and best of all they are friends to each

other. The Patton kids jump to the defense of a sibling

when needed. Again today was no exception as several

drove to Nashville to see Aubrey who is recovering from

surgery at St. Thomas. We could not help but remember

that Betty was always the first to jump when one was sick

or needed special attention.

Today I am thankful for my husband, a New Year's Eve

date in 1943 that turned into a sixty three year love affair.

I am thankful for my parents and for his parents who taught

us lessons from the old school.

My sweetheart made me laugh every day in some way or

another and was always so faithful and true. A perfect

example of his parents upbringing.

Is there any way to list all the blessings we have recieved?

Today I say thanks for unknown blessings already on the way.

4 comments:

juju said...

It surely was a day to be thankful. I especially was elated and blessed to have all my family, except Kyle, meet at 600 North Church for a great Thanksgiving. We don't seem to all be together as much as I would like so it means a lot, to Louis and I, when it happens. The food was great and it was wonderful to have a baby in the family, again.

fweakijam said...

Oh how joyous that so many of your children and theirs can still make the trip to Church Street for Thanksgiving. Hearing you talk about it makes me look even more forward to Christmas when I too can reunion with everyone again!

A precious car load, representing Merry’s family, is on their way to decorate 600 for that next big family event. I hope Aubrey will be sitting in a comfortable chair when I walk in the door!

I am thankful for you.

Merry

Family said...

...By-the-way, Mother, you look beautiful!

M

:+: Felly's :+: said...

I had a great time yesterday.The food was great and enjoy to sit and talk in front of the house.

Thank you Nana Gwen to let me join the special time of the family.

Have a good day,
Felly