Wednesday, July 30, 2008

LIFE WITH A BEAUTIFUL LADY

My third daughter has a birthday.
We will not go into details, but it is a very special one.

She doesn't want a celebration, but we may
have a hotdog together. What could be better?

You are such a joy to me Judith,
I love you dearly and just hope that this
new year brings you joy, this move into your new home
brings you much happiness.

I am grateful that your years have enriched my life
and the life of our family as well.
For I am recieving the best birthday gift today,
the gift of being your Mother.

~I believe you are tied with Leigh, for the most beautiful baby.~
~ and of course Betty, Merry and Hugh ~
A few years ago I suddenly realized that
all my children were gone and
had homes of their own.

My home felt bigger and more empty than before.
I knew this house could become a cold
and lonely space or a warm
comforting haven for our children
to seek refuge.
I hope it has been just that.

The good Lord had packed these rooms
with so many good memories, and
those memories sustained Dad and me
until the next time our children
came to visit, bringing their
children along with them.

It happened that fast.

I thank God for the Gift of time together.



Happy Birthday Darling Girl!
with love from Mother

6 comments:

juju said...

Nana-
That was just beautiful!!!! I love seeing all those pictures of my moma....thank you....
Love, Abby

juju said...

Moma, Wow, forgive me for thinking you didn't have many pictures of me. How did you get all of those together? It must have taken you 60 years!!! As I look to see details, I realize how nicely you kept me groomed. Looks like you did a better job on my hair than I do. Thank you for those loving words. Every year that goes by, I realize how blessed I am to have had parents that kept it all together. That made home a priority and family forever. I love you, Moma

Family said...

Hey! I know that little girl! I think I grew up and old with her! I even think I was cut out of those pictures! Okay, so everybody deserves a day of recognition without her posse around, taking part of the lime light. ;)

Happy Birthday Sister, let's hang in there together for another 60 years! We’ve still a lot of living and learning to do.

I love you bunches,

Merry

juju said...

I think I look like my daddy in the big picture.

juju said...

I think so to mom!!!!

Family said...

Okay Queenie,

Hugh and I are about to demand equal time...

Why aren't you blogging?