Sunday, December 16, 2007

A FAVORITE NIGHT OF A THE YEAR





We did look like this once, and we like thinking like this.


Tonight is one of our favorite times of the year, when these


five sibblings get together and celebrate the birth of the


baby Jesus, as we were taught by our parents, by conversation,


food and the giving of gifts.


I am so afraid that Edsel and Margie will not make it, however


we are thankful that they are looking forward to a wonderful


Christmas, as their son Chris, wife Jo and little "Miss Macon"


and her brother Daniel John will arrive on Thursday from


England for the holidays. They will be joined on Christmas by


Mark and family Mike's family. This is the first Christmas with-


out Mike and believe me I know what that means. Christmas


is a hard day.


On another note we here believe Betty has everything decorated


in heaven and Leonard has all the trees flocked. As Merry said


not that they need artificial snow in heaven but the Lord knows


how happy it makes him. I am sure he has a fire in some fireplace.


I am looking forward to a great time tonight. My part of the menu


sliced pork tenderloin roast, shrimp, fried chicken, green beans


and beautiful little green onions, relishes.I wish Joy, Peace,


Health and Happiness to all, today as always. Especially I wish


good days for Edsel and Margie. We love you both dearly.


Don't tell anyone but I will publish a picture of us now later.




3 comments:

Family said...

Christmas is a precious time, isn't it Mama.

I pray a blessed time for all.

Love,

Merry

juju said...

I know tonight was so very special. You help us all to make sure tradition stay alive. Give my love to my Aunts and Uncles.

Queenie said...

As usual yes we had a special
evening. Even there were only four
it was just a great time.
This years gift, gift of 07 was,
of course from Uncle.It is a book,
MAMA'S POEMS
The poetry of Ethel Mai George Floyd-----Transcribed by Kenneth A.
Floyd, Proud to be her Grandson
and Heading Her Request to
"Put them in a Book"
It is about an inch thick and
eons of poems. The first poem is
"Dear Old Church at Commerce"
The second is about yours truly
and sister Dot titles "Two
Bright and Shining Sunbeams.
I have got to slow up, I am about
1/4 through. A lovely, lovely
present.